Carers Week 2023
We are delighted to extend an invite to the whole of Scotland to help us celebrate Carers Week 2023!
This year we have partnered with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Caledonia Funeral Aid and Social Security Scotland to host sessions which aim to shine a light on how people can attend to their own wellbeing following the death of a significant person, especially one they may have cared for. These are equally relevant for people with lots or no experience of caring. We believe carers need EVERYONE to be looking out for them in the days after the person they have been caring for takes their last breath. During the event we will be discussing
- ideas for helping you to start your grieving process in a way that best serves you and the people around you,
- the pros and cons of being actively involved yourself with arrangements for burial or cremation and also perhaps the person’s body,
- practical information about the Funeral Support Payment which help people with certain benefits and tax credits to pay for a funeral,
- the laws around death and funerals, and
- why your choices are really important to help your grieving and for your long term well-being.
These sessions are suitable for everyone, so whether you are a carer yourself, work with carers, families and patients, or are just interested to learn a little more about this subject so that you can support people who have been caring for someone when they take their last breath, please do join us for what is sure to be a very interesting event.
We will be running this session twice, both online via Microsoft Teams. We are especially grateful to Jenny Watt at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde for handling the administration and technical support for the sessions.
Please click on your preferred date to reserve a place and receive details for joining in.
We look forward to seeing some of you at one of the events.
For more information about either of the events please contact email@example.com